AUSTRALIAN IMMIGRATION LAW CONSULTANT
- An Australian Immigration Law Consultant since 1997
- Writes and has written, since 1997, over 1000 articles about immigration matters for ‘El Español en Australia’, the leading national weekly newspaper published in Spanish in Australia and other national publications
- Is the author, designer, and presenter of seminar papers and training sessions on immigration and property law
- Has successfully represented individuals and companies in immigration matters at primary and review levels
- Is registered as a Foreign Lawyer by the Law Society of New South Wales
- Is an Associate Member of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Has a current Australian Practising Certificate as Foreign Lawyer
- Has 40+ years experience as a Foreign Lawyer (Roman-French legislation in Spanish speaking countries)
- Has a current Practising Certificate from Argentina
REGISTERED FOREIGN LAWYER
As a registered foreign lawyer with a current practicing certificate from Argentina, Silvia also advises clients in Australia and overseas about different areas of Spanish (Roman/French) law. With 40+ years of experience in South American Law, Silvia is engaged as an expert witness/advisor in Latin American legislation by individuals, Australian private firms, and government agencies. This specialization is of particular interest to the large Spanish speaking community of Australia, where Silvia is well known as a columnist for ‘El Español en Australia’, the leading national Spanish speaking newspaper of Australia.
Fluent in English, Spanish and Italian and with an extensive network of agents in Latin America and Spain, her skills are sought by a wide range of clients from diverse language groups within Australia and overseas. At present, she divides her busy schedule between her practice, her regular contributions to the written press and also, to training.
A good strategist, Silvia thrives on challenges. Passionate about the law and her job, she has a remarkable record of success and an ever-growing clientele from different ethnic and language groups within and outside Australia.
APPOINTMENTS AND PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
- As a radio journalist, Silvia has produced and presented over 400 radio programs for various community stations and has also been associated with the Spanish press in Australia since 1975.
- She has been a Freelance Arts Reviewer since 1979 and currently writes regular weekly articles about immigration, property law, financial matters and also about the arts.
- In 1983, Silvia was appointed as the Founding Director of Ethnic Line, the first multilingual and multicultural counselling and information service of its kind in Australia.
- In 1987, while she was at the helm of Ethnic Line, Silvia was chosen as a representative for the State of New South Wales to travel to China for one month as part of a Six Australian Women Delegation invited by the All China’s Women Federation and the national government of the People’s Republic of China. Her areas of interest were the ethnic minorities and the mediation system.
- Appointed as Member of the Board of Governors of the Law Foundation of New South Wales.
- Appointed as a Censor for the Australian Censorship Board (Australian Office of Film and Literature Classification) and worked as the Training and Information Officer for the EEO Unit at the University of New South Wales.
- In 1991, Silvia was appointed by the Federal Attorney-General as a Civil Marriage Celebrant. As such, she has performed a large number of marriages, commitment, baby namings, anniversary and funeral ceremonies. For decades, Silvia has been a fierce advocate of same-sex marriages.
- Master of Arts (Latin American Studies), University of New South Wales
- Certified Practising Conveyancer, Macquarie University
- Diploma in Financial Services (Finance/Mortgage Broking Management)
- Diploma in Financial Services (Financial Planning)
- Certificate IV (Financial Services)
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
- Authorised Civil Marriage Celebrant since 1991
Languages: English, Spanish and Italian
Specialization: Australian Immigration Law, Property Law (Australia) and Civil, Commercial and Property Laws, including judicial and extrajudicial representation in Spanish speaking countries
Agents Overseas: Yes